We’re looking for highly motivated, detail orientated individuals to join our dynamic and friendly team of care professionals at our beautifully renovated care home. £250 welcome bonus included too!
You can earn up to £9.70 per hour as the Maintenance Operative at Royley House Care Home. We’re excited to grow our team further and would love to welcome you.
Reports to: Admin, Home Manager and Deputy Manager
Rochcare is a family-run business providing quality residential care homes and support services to older people and those living with dementia.
We believe exceptional care homes don’t stay special on their own. Our dedicated teams make sure every one of the people in our care has a great experience, every time. Our success relies on the professionalism, commitment and caring nature of each and every team member and we’re always looking for similar-minded people to join us.
As the Maintenance Operative in our care home setting, you should contribute to the smooth running of the home by organising caretaking maintenance, Health & Safety checks and security of the home. Your primary role is to ensure all commercial spaces are fantastically maintained and in great condition for our staff, residents, and visitors.
Principle Roles and Responsibilities
· Carry out weekly fire alarm tests, checking each emergency fire point in the service on an agreed planned schedule. Ensure fire doors meet regulations and that fire drills and evacuations are carried out as per the company schedule.
· Basic plumbing work – e.g. repairing a leaking pipe, simple installation work, such as plumbing in a new tap, or replacing washer etc.
· Redecoration as appropriate.
· Plastering work such as repairing cracked or broken plaster, making good damaged walls, for example, following the removal of say, shelving or similar fittings.
· Fencing and boundary repairs, e.g. mending broken fencing panels or stakes, repairing holes in chain link fences etc.
· Glazing work, such as replacing smaller, ground floor, windows, re-beading or re-puttying glass panes, internal and external.
The ideal candidate should be trustworthy and have an exceptional eye for detail. They will be expected to use their initiative, work alone or as part of a team to and have a positive attitude to ensure a smooth-running care home.
The post holder will need to show respect, understanding the rights for privacy and demonstrate high professional standards of propriety in their day-to-day work. The ideal candidate should also show a keen interest in learning and growing their skills through additional required training, peer mentoring and frequent performance reviews.
Schedule: Full-time and Permanent role.
Wage rate: £9.70 per hour.
Benefits: Company pension.Access to Blue Light Card Discount. Company funded further studies and professional development opportunities. £250 welcome bonus. Free onsite parking. Access to free and confidential welfare counselling. Competitive rates of pay and holiday allowance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £9.70 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
It is an expectation of all staff to have vaccines or other essential health treatments, in line with Public Health guidelines and in relation to health and safety in an effort to protect yourself as well as others.
Ability to commute/relocate: