Spend the day with us
Our daycare service provides help and support to elderly people living independently in the community and is designed to help support them to live well in later life.
Many older adults who live on their own spend long periods of time without any company. Our daycare service gives them an opportunity to experience a change of scenery, take part in a range of leisure activities and the opportunity to meet with others in a relaxed and happy environment.
We recognise how important our daycare service is for family members too. The service is designed with these carers in mind, providing a chance for them to rest, socialise and catch up with errands, knowing that their loved one is being well looked after.
You’ll experience our spacious home and benefit from specialised equipment and facilities designed to support all your needs and interests. As well as the wonderful outdoor space, where you can relax or enjoy a spot of gardening in the warmer months, you’ll meet our fully trained staff who are on hand to offer additional support where needed.
We offer a range of activities. You can take part in as much or a little as you like at any given time:
- Outings and day trips – pub lunches, seaside visits, cafés, parks, museums, garden centres, shopping, cinema, theatre and more.
- Kitchen fun – Try your hand at baking delicious cakes and biscuits.
- Discussion groups – films, books, current affairs.
- Gentle exercise classes.
- Gardening, for those with or without green fingers!
- Arts and crafts such as painting, pottery, sewing, knitting, jewellery making, scrapbooking and drawing.
- Card games and board games.
- Singers and entertainers.
- Holiday, festival and birthday celebrations.
- Themed events.
Day Care offers the opportunity to meet new people, have new experiences and generally enjoy life more! Those staying for lunch can also look forward to freshly made meals prepared by our professional chefs.