Our warm and friendly respite care service
Our respite care service provides temporary care for older people and those living with dementia in the homely environment of one of our residential care homes. We can support planned short-term care and time-limited breaks, either as a bit of extra support while you recuperate after a hospital stay, or when a regular carer is taking a break to recharge their batteries.
We understand it can be a little worrying for both you and your family when you use our respite care service for the first time. That’s why we offer a warm welcome when you arrive at the home and do everything we can to help you settle in and enjoy your stay with us.
When you first arrive you are introduced to your key worker, a named member of staff responsible for ensuring you have everything you need during your stay with us and who acts as a point of contact for you and your family. Your key worker will show you to your room and, when you’re ready, take you around the home and introduce you to some of the people living there too.
Our respite care service is available for any period of time and arranged to suit you, you’re welcome to stay with us for a couple of days, a few weeks or even several months.
When you stay with us in one of our care homes, you can expect the following high standards of service:
- Everything you would want from a quality care home.
- A private bedroom with either ensuite facilities or access to immaculately kept, specialist bathing and showering facilities.
- Your own TV in the bedroom.
- Your own care plan highlighting your individual care and support needs, likes, dislikes, even down to how you like your tea!
- A named key worker giving you and your family a point of contact for any questions.
- Kind, caring, highly qualified staff who respect your unique personality, strengths and needs.
- A fun and stimulating range of social and leisure activities.
- Telephone and internet access.
- 24-hour nurse call system.
- Freshly prepared meals using quality ingredients, all homemade on-site by our professional chef. All dietary requirements catered for.
- Visiting pastoral support from local clergy and other faith leaders.
- All the necessary equipment and assistive technology to ensure your safety and comfort.