Our warm and friendly respite care service
Our respite care service provides temporary care for older people or those with dementia in the homely environment of one of our residential care homes. If you need extra support, such as after an illness or operation, or when a regular carer is taking a break to recharge their batteries, our respite care home service provides a friendly, caring solution.
We understand it can be a little worrying for both you and your family when you use our respite care service for the first time. That’s why we offer such a warm welcome when you arrive at the home and do everything we can to help you settle in and enjoy your stay here. In fact, people who use our respite services often tell us how much they enjoy the change of scene and the chance to meet new people.
When you first arrive you are introduced to your key worker, a named member of staff responsible for ensuring you have everything you need during your stay with us and who acts as a point of contact for you and your family. Your key worker will show you to your room and, when you’re ready, take you around the home and introduce you to some of the people living there. Of course, the people living in the home were once new to the home too, so they understand any nerves or worries and always like to welcome new faces.
Our respite care service is available for any period of time to suit you, whether it’s for a couple of days, a few weeks or even several months.
When you stay with us in one of our care homes, you can expect the following high standards of service:
- Everything you would want from a quality care home!
- Private bedroom with either ensuite facilities or access to immaculately kept, specialist bathing and showering facilities
- TV in bedroom
- Your own care plan highlighting your individual care and support needs, likes, dislikes, relationships with friends and family, social needs, spiritual needs, hobbies and interests
- A named keyworker giving you and your family a point of contact
- Kind, caring, trained staff who respect your unique personality, strengths and needs
- A fun and stimulating range of social and leisure activities
- Telephone and internet access
- 24 hour nurse call system
- Tasty and nutritious meals freshly prepared by our professional chef using quality ingredients: all dietary requirements catered for
- Visiting pastoral support from local clergy and other faith leaders
- All the necessary equipment and assistive technology to ensure your safety and comfort