We are recruiting for an experienced care assistant for our home.
Shifts are 8am - 8pm, 2 or 3 shifts per week, working alternate weekends
We have 22 and 33 hour contracts available
**You must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in order to be considered for this role**
Scope of work
· To ensure physical and emotional support, and care is provided for the residents of the home, while maintaining high standards of care and supervision of daily routine.
· To safeguard the delivery of health care arrangements for the residents under the direction of the GP or other health care representatives i.e. District Nurse, CPN, Dentist etc. And to keep accurate records.
· To assist in providing a stable and caring environment that underpins the residents' emotional and psychological well-being.
· Promote relationships that enable each person to participate in social activities within the service and in the life of the local community.
· To encourage and support people to make decisions in matters which affect their lifestyle.
· To be known as regarding the whereabouts of people living in the service at all times, and the emergency procedures of the service to protect the well-being of everyone in the building.
· To behave in a caring and professional manner at all times. And promote and respect the rights and needs of individuals.
· To follow and implement Rochcare policies and procedures.
· To be engaged and involved in your own professional development, including completing mandatory training online, attending face to face training, and seeking out training that would be beneficial to staff and the service.
· To attend staff meetings.
· You will be expected to use your initiative, working alone or as part of a team to promote good quality services.
· Adopt a flexible approach during your employment with the Company.
· To maintain confidentiality in and out of the workplace.
· To aid and report in the investigation of all complaints with/to the Company, and to take appropriate action if required to do so.
· To undertake any other reasonable duty which may be requested of you.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
· To promote and maintain a homely atmosphere that is conducive to the delivery of holistic person-centred care.
· To support people with all aspects of their health, social, and emotional well-being including, personal care, mobility, continence, nutrition & hydration, in line with their care plan; and promoting independence at all times.
· To ensure that people living in the service are well-kept in their personal care, hygiene and clothing.
· To give mental and physical stimulation to people by talking to them and helping them to continue with hobbies and activities inside the home.
· To support and care for people who are end of life and keep the manager fully informed of events.
· To complete all records in relation to individuals, and the home, for example, care plans, records and charts, reporting maintenance issues, other non-care records as appropriate.
· To attend handover and ensure that you are aware of people’s health and well-being, and your allocated tasks for that shift.
· To undertake housekeeping tasks as part of ensuring people's rooms are clean, tidy, and odour-free.
· To provide escort duty for people who have appointments as and when required
· Follow infection control practices as required by Company policies and local authority infection control teams.
· Familiarisation and implementation of regulatory requirements from all relevant legislation, including Care Standards Act, Health & Safety at Work Act, Mental Capacity Act.
· To report all concerns, whether specific to an individual or relating to the whole service, appropriately using Company policies & procedures.
· To respond to all enquiries whether telephone, email or face to face, and pass on this information to the management of the service.
· To answer the door and telephone promptly, welcome visitors, give refreshments, and any assistance they may require during their visit.
· To carry out other duties that occur from time to time as may be required by the Company.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.00-£9.10 per hour
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Wellness programmes
PPE provided in compliance with current legislation and best practice.
Regular LFD and PCR testing