We are recruiting for an experienced care assistant for our home.
Shifts are 8am – 8pm, 2 or 3 shifts per week, working alternate weekends
We have 22 and 33 hour contracts available
**You must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in order to be considered for this role**
Scope of work
· To ensure physical and emotional support, and care is provided for the residents of the home, while maintaining high standards of care and supervision of daily routine.
· To safeguard the delivery of health care arrangements for the residents under the direction of the GP or other health care representatives i.e. District Nurse, CPN, Dentist etc. And to keep accurate records.
· To assist in providing a stable and caring environment that underpins the residents’ emotional and psychological well-being.
· Promote relationships that enable each person to participate in social activities within the service and in the life of the local community.
· To encourage and support people to make decisions in matters which affect their lifestyle.
· To be known as regarding the whereabouts of people living in the service at all times, and the emergency procedures of the service to protect the well-being of everyone in the building.
· To behave in a caring and professional manner at all times. And promote and respect the rights and needs of individuals.
· To follow and implement Rochcare policies and procedures.
· To be engaged and involved in your own professional development, including completing mandatory training online, attending face to face training, and seeking out training that would be beneficial to staff and the service.
· To attend staff meetings.
· You will be expected to use your initiative, working alone or as part of a team to promote good quality services.
· Adopt a flexible approach during your employment with the Company.
· To maintain confidentiality in and out of the workplace.
· To aid and report in the investigation of all complaints with/to the Company, and to take appropriate action if required to do so.
· To undertake any other reasonable duty which may be requested of you.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Salary: £9.70 per hour
PPE provided in compliance with current legislation and best practice.
Regular LFD and PCR testing