We understand that diagnosis of dementia can be worrying and upsetting for all those involved. It is therefore our priority to reduce any existing stress in your lives; and restore it with calmness and reassurance.
Our trained dementia care professionals tailor their services to meet the individual needs of all our residents; and work around their strengths and abilities.
What Is Dementia?
Dementia is caused by the ongoing decline of the brain and its basic abilities. Symptoms of this syndrome include memory loss, language deterioration, clouded or confused judgement, and depression.
Those who suffer from dementia may also lose interest in their usual hobbies and struggle with controlling their emotions. Social situations can become challenging, and certain personality traits may be affected as well.
Ongoing confusion may also cause a person with dementia to hallucinate or make false claims and statements. There may also be signs of empathy (a lack of emotional awareness and compassion).
As dementia affects a person’s mental abilities, they are likely to find planning and organising difficult; and struggle to remain independent. This is when they will need assistance from family and friends; to help them make decisions and keep on track of what’s happening around them.
Our Dementia Care Homes
All our dementia care staff are trained and have a comprehensive understanding of the different types of dementia, and the symptoms involved.
As well as taking paper-based tests, it is important to us that our care professionals carry out high level assessments; where they observe and respond to the behavioural changes of each of our residents, suffering with dementia.
We collect thorough medical history and valuable information about the day-to-day lives of our residents, as part of the assessment. This gives us a better chance to help them maintain their independence, without having to sacrifice any of their regular routines and interests.
To find a dementia care home near you just use our dedicated search:
Our residential care ensures that your loved ones receive extra support, whilst still being able to enjoy a full and happy life.
We understand that the elderly may find it difficult to physically cope on their own; and our tailored care plans address exactly this. Our professional team carry out thorough self-assessments for each of our residents, so that their requirements and preferences are known from the day they first arrive.
You can rest assured that your loved ones’ needs will be seen to.
Staying Active at Our Residential Care Homes
Residents can maintain their physical and emotional wellbeing with our “activity-based” care. Each of our homes employ a specialist activity co-ordinator, who plan and deliver regular activities- in light of our residents’ specific needs and interests.
Activities include games, sing-alongs, arts and crafts, and day trips; all promoting inclusion, companionship, and cheerfulness.
Eating at Our Care Homes
Residents can unwind and enjoy our beautifully prepared meals, catered to everybody’s unique needs and preferences. We offer extra support to those who require specialised diets, such as soft or blended meals, diabetic-friendly meals, or food that is gluten-free.
Our nutritional seasonal menus offer choices that appeal to various tastes and appetites. We respect the importance of home-cooking; so, our meals are freshly prepared on the premises by our in-house professional and creative Head Chef.
Please note that family and friends are more than welcome to visit and stay for meals.
To find a residential care home near you just use our dedicated search:
Our respite care services can be adapted around the specific needs of your loves ones, whether it be for a few days, weeks, or even months. Ideal as short-term relief, respite care is particularly helpful for those who have recently been discharged from hospital and require extra care before returning home.
Our care team make residents feel welcome from the off-set and help make the entire transition period as smooth as possible.
- Complete personalised assessment of specific care needs
- Medication management/ monitoring
- 24-hour Nurse call system
- A daily choice of stimulating activities to take part in
- Healthy and nutritious daily meals, freshly prepared by in-house chefs
- All meals: nutritious, delicious and freshly prepared by our chefs
- Fully furnished rooms, with high quality décor and facilities
- Beautifully decorated lounges; ideal to relax and socialise in
Finding out more is easy. Simply get in touch with our local care home manager to arrange a visit.
We’d love to show you around our care homes.
To find a respite care home near you just use our dedicated search:
As experienced care providers, we understand that everybody needs a break once in a while. This applies to both the elderly and their dedicated carers.
Our day care services are a convenient solution for those who require support for even just a few hours. Caring for a person with disabilities is a challenging task and our day care ensures that carers too get the time they deserve, to catch up with errands or their friends.
Regardless of how long care is needed for, our selected homes are designed with all the facilities necessary to provide your loved ones with personalised support. Our team will be at hand to welcome them upon arrival and ensure that they settle into their new living space with ease and comfort.
The Benefits of Adult Day Care
Your loved ones can benefit in many ways by joining an Adult Day Care Club. They’ll have:
- A safe and secure environment, to spend the day as they wish
- The opportunity to take part in enjoyable and mentally stimulating activities
- Improved mental and physical health
- Increased levels of self-confidence and independence
- A network of friends and the opportunity to socialise
- Nutritious meals and healthy snacks
Services Offered at Our Day Club:
- Arts and crafts
- Musical entertainment and sing-alongs
- Mentally stimulating games and activities
- Gentle exercise classes (such as basic stretching)
- Discussion groups around books, films, or current events
- Holiday, festival, and birthday celebrations
- Day trips to local destinations
Simply get in touch with the team at your local club to find out more about day care at Rochcare; we’d love to hear from you.
To find a day club near you just use our dedicated search:
At Rochcare, we provide tailored support for your loved ones so that they can remain in their own home for as long as possible, without having to sacrifice too much of their independence.
Our flexible care plan packages include personal support with various day-to-day activities; such as assistance without getting in and out of bed, bathing, dressing, and taking medication.
As well as providing care packages, we offer support with domestic chores too. This may include shopping, daily meal preparation, cleaning and tidying up, and escorting the elderly to medical appointments or leisure trips.
Further information about our home care services can be found below.
Personal Care Services
- Help with bathing and getting dressed
- Assistance with using toilet facilities
- Taking and monitoring medication
- Help with eating meals
- Support with getting in and out of bed (including wake up calls, etc)
- Additional homecare for recently discharged patients
- Support with maintaining dignity, privacy, and independence
- Support services for people with learning and physical disabilities
- Support services centred around mental health
Home/Domestic Support Services
- Assistance with preparing meals
- Monitoring and maintaining healthy dietary habits
- Help with shopping and everyday errands
- Help with washing, ironing, and laundry
- Help with pet care
- Housekeeping, such as vacuuming, dusting, and general cleaning
- Housekeeping, such as vacuuming, dusting, and general cleaning
- Household management (keeping on top of mail, bill payments, and general expenditure)
- Assistance with planning leisure trips and outings
- Help with scheduling and arranging appointments
- Escort for visiting friends and family
- Providing company through general conversation or during lunch and dinner
- Support with engaging in hobbies and interests
- Escort for doctor visits and other medical appointments
Your loved ones can benefit from our home care services in many ways. To find out more, simply get in touch with the team.
To Find Out More www.carelinerochdale.co.uk