Our day care service in Burnley for older adults
Our day care service, based in Burnley, offers a wide and inspirational range of leisure activities and the opportunity to meet with others in a relaxed and happy environment. It’s an excellent option for you if you’re living independently or with your family and provides a well-deserved break for carers. Many family members comment on the positive difference our day care service makes to their loved one, while carers benefit too from the chance to see friends, catch up with errands or rest and relax, knowing that their loved one is being well looked after.
The service runs from Bank Hall, one of our purpose-built residential care homes, which means we have the space, equipment and facilities to support all your needs and interests, with wonderful outdoor space for you to relax or enjoy a spot of gardening in the warmer months. We also have trained staff on hand to offer support to those with dementia, mental health conditions or physical disabilities who may otherwise find it difficult to participate.
Take a look at the wonderful range of activities we offer, below. You can take part in as much or a little as you like at any given time:
- Outings and day trips – pub lunches, seaside, cafés, parks, museums, garden centres, cinema, theatre
- Kitchen fun! Try your hand at baking delicious cakes and biscuits
- Discussion groups – films, books, current affairs
- Gentle exercise classes
- Gardening, for those with or without green fingers!
- Arts and crafts such as painting, pottery, sewing, knitting, jewellery making, scrapbooking, drawing
- Card games and board games
- Singers and entertainers
- Holiday, festival and birthday celebrations
- Themed events
- Fun shopping trips
Day care offers the opportunity to meet new people, have new experiences and generally enjoy life more! Those staying for lunch can also look forward to freshly made, appetising food prepared by our professional chefs.